Yesterday we went to a home group and dressed up like clowns trying to get kids to come to a block party. I once again was a clown for Christ. I got to go with Carlos from camp who also dressed as a clown. The people were amazing, their heart for all God has done and is doing. The families don't have a lot but are rich in spirit! The block party totally reminded me of our" blitz's". Xochil shared the watermelon, Sandia, gospel message with everyone, there was a craft, and then of course watermelon to eat.
There was a sharing time where we were able to pray together and share thoughts on God it was refreshing and encouraging.
Amy and I talked to Bess for awhile about the counseling they do and it is powerful, God has them here for that very reason!
We got to see a couple of the kids from camp. Amy was surprised to see Manuel :-) He was the boy she read salmos 23 with and the following day became our trip verse. And his life story is one of many trials.
We went to downtown last night and I was left speechless the buildings were so old and beautiful. I couldn't believe all they had seen and survived. The streets were packed and it was relaxing to walk and hear more of the history.
Today is our last day and my stomach hurts...I hate good byes...while I miss home I don't want to go because it could be a year before I return. I know it is going to be emotional as today is the first time the body will be meeting without a building. We will be spending the day with a home group who is having a picnic in a park. Pray we continue to be an encouragement!
These are the daily facts...
Love you
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4
You will continue to be an encouragement, I'm confident of that. Thanks for the inspiring posts, praying for your last hours there!
ReplyDeleteTheresa