I say Amy connect with a little boy named Manuel who was carrying around his biblia under his jacket and she asked to read it with him...and this amazing connection was made. I saw several kids give their life over to Christ for the first time. Chris was able to share with one of the boys when he gave his life over to Christ. A little boy we nicked named Kual was so moved during worship he was crying...God is so alive and moving in these kids hearts. I connected with Fernanda and her sister which I was skeptical of because I speak so little Spanish. But I truly feel it was the smile and coming to sit with them when they were off to the side. Because I only had a few questions for them...what is your name, how old are, tiene hermanos, are you having fun, are you cold, are you sleepy, and finally are you hungry and is it good...and then we sat in silence for awhile. But we were able to connect more on our walk just by holding hands and taking photographs. On the first day I sat next to Naomi and a little girl named Fernanda as well. Naomi had never been around an "american" (she doesn't consider Bess y Brenda as "american") we connected by pointing to items and asking como se dice blank in espanol and vice a versa. She asked Bess at breakfast the next day how she could understand our crazy talk. She stole a place in my heart...they all did. I wish we had more time with them.
Futbul was huge and the kids are so selfless (the exact opposite of us)...they pass the ball instead of just trying to score for themselves...what ever is best for the team. The kids were all about sharing their candy when one team won and the other did not. Just so different and refreshing to be a part of.
The Crocimex women who put the camp on our amazing!! They have such a grande heart for the kids and Jesus! I talked with Hermini after she gave the Salvation message just to let her know it was amazing and powerful. She did a great job! She talked on the wordless book. Each colored page stands for a part of the salvation message...something the kids could relate to and those who prayed to accept christ or who wanted to renew could throw a stick in the fire...the kids were so quiet and reverent it was very emotional.
Several of us were really emotional at the end knowing we wouldn't see these kids again before we left and maybe not on return trips. It was a very exhausting couple days emotionally, mentally, and physically, but God knows what refuels us...
God is working in each our hearts in ways we never thought possible.
This is just highlights nothing from my journal and your missing the heart behind it, these are just the facts. :-)
Hasta lluego!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4
No comments:
Post a Comment