Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Day #7 The last day from Greg

We woke up Thursday morning to a total downpour. It had barely rained all week and it seemed like it was making up for it. It was ok though! I praise God for holding off the rain until then. The rain kind of went with how I felt. I was a little down and definitely not ready to go home. I saw God in a lot of people and circumstances while in Mexico and wanted to see more and spend more time there!
Sitting on the plane, I was already missing my new friends. Then we get the announcement over the intercom that we were being delayed because they needed a part for the navigation equipment. So we sat there, and sat there. We had a 2 hour layover in Atlanta, so we didn't figure it would matter. That is, until we were still sitting there an hour and 15 minutes later. Finally they got the part and we were on our way, an hour and 15 minutes behind schedule. We started to pray, knowing we were cutting it really close to get our next flight. Last year we had to run to make our flight and just got on before the gates were closed - we had a 45 minute layover that time. This time we only had a half hour, so we were all praying for God's help. We landed in Atlanta and I turned on my phone. I received an email saying we were automatically being rescheduled for another flight later that evening - a 5 hour layover. We decided to try and make it to our original gate and see if we could still board if we made it in time. Mind you, we had a half hour to collect our luggage, go through customs and then recheck our luggage again. We didn't wait long in any lines and we made it to our gate with a few minutes to spare! God was definitely looking out for us - what a great way to end the trip!
Oh, lest I forget. A shout out to Moses and Dave for picking us up at the airport. Thanks also to Moses for having welcome home balloons for everyone and flowers for the ladies. Not exactly sure why he was so excited to see all of us...
I thank God for how my life was impacted on this trip to Mexico City. I know that it changed the way that I view the world. I believe we all learned some things that we want to bring back with us and make a part of our lives. You will have to ask someone that went, on what those things might be. I praise God for his protection, guidance, using us despite our inadequacies, giving us "epiphany eyes", and allowing us to connect with the Mexican people.
 
Sin Dios, soy debil     (without God, I am weak)  
Con Dios, soy fuerte!        (with God, I am strong!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment