Just be present that is all that God keeps asking of
me. Just be present in the moment I have
set before you. Stop looking backwards
& wondering, did I get it right, what should I have done differently. At the same time I need to
stop looking forward at what is to come, what I want to come…I need to focus on
Christ and the people that He has placed in front of me, RIGHT NOW.
It is a daily choice to be present, and it is a daily choice
to love the people God has placed in front of us. For me Wednesday was a great day to just be
present with one another. We spent the
day together with Liz, Itzel, and Juan.
They took us some place new, an art museum. We went to a La Casa Azul- Museo Frida
Kahlo. (And yes, the house was BRIGHT
blue). Frida is a major icon in Mexico,
she even appears on the 50 peso.
While I loved being at the art museum and seeing how her
life was poured into her artwork…What she stood for, the sadness she had in her
heart, the pain as a result of her accident, her love for her husband and the
hurt it brought. She was easily able to
depict her emotions through her paintings.
However, some of the best parts of the day, were when we were
waiting! Yep, waiting to get to the
museum, waiting in line to enter the blue house…In the waiting we were just
present with each other, chatting and laughing and sharing life. Of course we practiced our Espanol and English. The car ride
was filled with laughter upon laughter.
Part of it is because it was just a car full of girls, and well when
girls get together there is either laughter, tears, or both!!! In
this case we smiled and chuckled the whole way, and I couldn’t have a better
memory!
Later that evening brought us back to Rena and Liz’s house
where the rest of the leaders of the church joined us. Earlier in the week we were challenged to
have Epiphany eyes. Eyes that would see
the soul of another human being, eyes that would see people for their beauty,
their hurt, their wonder… I love that
everyone had vastly different ways they saw Jesus during the week. It was refreshing to hear how even in the
dark spaces we can see God restoring and making things beautiful! God moved in each one of us in different
ways during the week, but all of us have grown closer to the Mexican’s, closer
to each other, and closer to GOD.
After many hugs and tears we went around the corner to a
quesadilla place on the street. It was
a food adventure. We tried pickled
pigs feet quesadilla and pig brain quesadilla!
Just being in the street talking and laughing and oooohhhing with Itzel
is a moment I won’t easily forget.
This was our last night together…for this trip, but we will
be back!
No comments:
Post a Comment