Kristin asked before the Trip what we were praying about? I told her chaos! [She may have rolled her eyes but I can’t confirm that!] For me it was not chaos in the sense of disorder but chaos in the sense of not being able to prepare for what God would do!
Tuesday
So let me start with some highlights we had no direction, not one plan until 7pm tues. evening. We almost caused a explosion in Bess and Brenda’s apartment building. We forgot to eat breakfast. I didn’t bring enough photo’s for all of the picture frames that we were going to give to our host at the end of our time together. So all in all there wasn’t much of a plan and even the plan that we did make kinda went a dangerous direction!
We had an amazing lunch some of the best food we had all week was at a little place that Bess and Brenda’s mechanics had recommend. Jim seemed to think that that was a wise decision on the reputation that mechanics take their eating very seriously!
So the story of almost blowing up an apartment building. I would try to blame it on Greg but I have a feeling that no one out there would believe such a story. Anyways, Greg and I were attempting to reenforce a section of Bess and Brenda’s kitchen cabinets but we had to remove their stove/oven to have the work space we needed. We were able to attache two cross bars to help secure it but in the process had trapped the gas line under our support beams. One of them needed to be shortened anyways so Greg took it down to the garage to cut it to the length we needed. I on the other hand decided to remove the second cross piece to be able to bend the copper pipe into position so that when the stove when back in it would connect up easily! As soon as i went to bend it, it cracked and started leaking gas into the apartment. I couldn't think very quickly but grabbed the pipe trying to stop the flow of explosive gas into the apartment. About this time Greg returns with the freshly cut piece and promptly says to me “I smell gas”
I say “yes Greg its leaking and the worst part is that it is below the cutoff valve so we cannot shut it off” Greg says “Should we tell someone????” I think to myself “Yes of course we should are you crazy” but all I manage to say is “Yes”. Needless to say I used some old American know how and promptly used electrical tape to seal up the leak at which point they called in a real professional and relieved Greg and I of our responsibilities before something worst happened!
In all this Jim sat with what seemed like 20 laptops all strewn around him as he meticulously transferred all of the old information on to Bess and Brenda’s new laptops. It was a big help and a bit of redemption for the mess that i had made. So the Gold Star of the day goes to Jim and his computer genius!!!!
In the evening we were taken to another area of the city, Aragorn where they have a group of young people who meet! We were able to share how God has taken the hurt and pain of our imperfection and use it to mold us and to show his Glory! It was a wonderful time that was capped off with Dancing and homemade tamales. OOOOOOO these are so good is the favorite phrase of the evening!
We walked into a day with no plan and walked away with such a great experience!
I am so thankful that the control of everything is not our own but we can live in the fact that HE works all things out!
Luke
No comments:
Post a Comment