Thursday, October 6, 2011

Wednesday

Yesterday we went to Tlahuac for breakfast with the ladies.  We had an amazing time, it was so real.  We had a time to share our testimonies and how God is working in our lives.  Both Mandy and I shared our testimony it was pretty emotional morning for everyone.  We took prayer requests and prayed for each other.  Afterwards we went to the Market to get some crayons and then we just sat down and had some cokes.  This was a great time of fellowship with Bess. (Brenda had stuff to do at home)  We then went to a new group for the evening.  I spoke on Love again, using John 3:16 and 1 Corinthians 12:4-7...Just had a great time in this group. As an icebreaker I passed out M&M's and the color was to represent what they were to share about...the group really opened up and shared a lot of stuff...(Green-envy, Red-love, blue-forgiveness, brown-anger, yellow-scared, orange-desire)...went better than I expected.  The group participated in the discussion on love, and truly understand God's love and that they need to extend love to others.  Had a great meal and overall night...Jenny and Juan were there, two kiddos from the camp.  Had fun playing with Juan and his little sister.  It was nice to not worry about the language barrier for a bit...Xochtil was there as well and I put myself out there and tried to talk in Spanish with her, she helped me out a bit because I of course had my adjectives and nouns in the wrong spot.  But she was glad I tried and knew what I was saying.  Marco and Jasmine are the leaders of this group, they are great leaders and it was awesome how Marco lead the evening!  It has to be hard as almost everyone in the group is related to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment