Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thursday

Thursday we spent with Bess y Brenda.  We went to the pyramids, these pyramids have been around since the time of Christ.  I had a wonderful time learning about the history.  The pyramids are not tombs like in Egypt they were meant to get closer to the heavens.  Mandy and I climbed to the top of the Sun pyramid and down in a half hour...which was good considering it was an even higher altitude than Mexico City.  Here are a few photos... 

We also stopped at a textile market on the way down and got a few Christmas gifts...Mandy got more than me.  We had a great dinner together followed by Bess and I making cookies for the retreat until well after midnight.   Yikes!
A good relaxing and encouraging day before the women's retreat!  One of my favorite photos of Brenda

Love KO

No comments:

Post a Comment