Well I never posted about the end of the trip. Sunday was a spectacular day and I wish it would have come at the beginning of the week. :) We went to church and got to see a lot of the leaders from the Children's ministry. I was able to see Moni, which was so good to give her a hug. I was also able to spend some time with Natalia and Diego! Diego lead the prayer requests and worship which was super cool that he gets a chance to be up front and then Enrique gave the message on LOVE.

It was a great time. We couldn't stay very long after church as we had lunch plans, but I wish we could have stayed and chatted a bit more. However we had lunch plans with Roberto and Isabel (Leaders of the Talhauc group). Isabel was the one who pulled together the womens retreat. So we were headed to another great time of conversation.
I treasured the time at lunch, just to listen to what Isabel thought of the retreat. And to hear Roberto and Isabel's heart for God and the people in the church. I enjoyed listening to Isabel tell about how God was working in her and her family through out the preperation and the retreat! The day before we left for the retreat the bus broke down and was the main source of transportation for the ladies...Isabel had to spend the day making phone calls and emails trying to find people to drive...which is nothing like up here, most people take public transportation and don't have cars. She shared some stories of how God worked in her life that weekend. I had some similiar stories of how God was chiseling me more and more like Him. Here is a photo of Isabel and her daughter Brenda. (the photo is at the retreat and they are holding their crafts)
Mandy and I had the best chinese food I think I have ever had...not kidding either!!!! We then had about an hour before we met with the leaders of the Marte group for coffee and desert at a coffee shop.
I wish I would have taken a more recent photo of Xochitil and Louis so I could post it, but maybe the next time ;) I Love their hearts for pausing and listening to God and not just do, do, do...but listening to where God is directing them. A man may plan his course but the LORD determines his steps...and I could easily hear their heart BUT I could aslo see them listening for the direction. We talked about our future and how we love serving the Lord alongside of each other. While it was a serious conversation we had some great laughs and after 3.5 hours we had to head home to pack for our early flight.
It was tough to go home after such a great day of talking with leaders and just being real...I love just being side by side...
I will be posting probably one or two more times on my trip...and then we will have to wait for the next chapter to be written.


No comments:
Post a Comment