Thursday, August 13, 2015

Wednesday in Toluca !

Wednesday was our first full day in Mexico and we can already see God working. We woke up early and walked down to a restaurant called Vips for breakfast. While I can't remember what everyone else are, I had a great meal of eggs, pancakes, bacon and ham, and an energy juice drink!

After breakfast, we drove out towards Toluca, which is just outside Mexico City. As we drove along, I couldn't help but look out the windows at the beautiful country side of Mexico. Beautiful mountains and volcanos were just outside our windows. We stopped at a coffee shop along the way and the jumped back on the road and made it to Toluca.

The kids of Toluca were ready to go when we arrived and we got right into it. I gave a lesson on The Armor of God and how it is important to make sure you have all pieces. I demonstrated with oranges, and explained that after peeling the orange, representing not having the armor on as a protective layer, it would sink to the bottom of the water bucket.

After the lesson, we helped the kids make beaded shields with different colored beads forming a cross. Next, we made ice cream. The kids definitely enjoyed shaking their ice cream mixture and eating it after it was frozen.

Lunch was at Flor's house and it was delicious! A few of the women made the meal which consisted of chicken with green mole, rice, and a side of fruit salad. After lunch, we spent time with the youth and Greg spoke to them. He had good participation from the group. He also taught them what tie die was and each person made a tie die shirt.

We are a quick dinner and headed back to the hotel. It was great to feel so loved by each person here in Mexico. I am ready to see what Thursday has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment