This was my second trip to Mexico city this year. It was a real encouragement to me. I saw real spiritual growth from one of my good Mexican friends from when I was there in April.
In April Chereque was following Christ but you could tell he was still an infant in his faith. In April he finally understood how much God loves him and how much he can accomplish if he chooses to really put his trust and hope in Christ. I found out then how he was affected by our time there and our talk, but didn't fully realize how it affected him until I saw him again in August.
Chereque joined us in prayer the first morning there. I could tell right away by his prayer that something changed in his walk with Christ. I noticed the same thing when he prayed a day later. I talked with one of the missionaries and they said that during our April trip God changed Chereque's life and that was the springboard he needed. During the summer he grew in his walk with Christ, found a job, and just plain matured a lot as a man of God. How exciting to see God working!
I also had a great time connecting with the children and seeing growth in their lives. At one point we were all chanting Jose's name to get him to jump in the pool. He has had a very rough life and has a lot of fears. I don't think he will forget that moment of love and being the center of attention.
These were just two things that stood out to me. We met with the youth two different times and had some good discussions. We also had a children's class and craft and got to visit a new church. It was all around a great week!
I am excited to see what God has planned for the future as I plan on going back again next year!
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
Greg shares about his time in Mexico
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment