I had a wonderful evening the other night. A great dinner at Michael & KristinA’s new
house followed by some time in prayer for their Slovakia mission trip and my
Mexico City trip. Michael, Kristina and
their team of 12 leave this Saturday and will be teaching English as well as
putting on a carnival and sharing some of America’s favorite things around a
bonfire…smore’s!
While we are going on different trips, we are
facing a lot of the same obstacles and struggles. It was refreshing to see how God works. God has placed the same things on our hearts…
His sovereignty, Himself and our need to be responsive to the Holy Spirit’s
leading, and remaining in Him, unity with one another, unity with nationals,
& unity with God .
John
15:4 is the theme verse for kids camp this year…4
Remain in me, and I
will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the
vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me.
I love this verse for so many reasons (lets be honest I say that a lot but I guess God has a lot of good stuff to say!!!) God makes it so easy. You don’t have to work to produce the fruit, or even focus on producing fruit; all I have to do is remain in Christ. As long as I am connected the vine He will produce the fruit…I am just the avenue…So my prayer and focus is to remain in Christ!
I love this verse for so many reasons (lets be honest I say that a lot but I guess God has a lot of good stuff to say!!!) God makes it so easy. You don’t have to work to produce the fruit, or even focus on producing fruit; all I have to do is remain in Christ. As long as I am connected the vine He will produce the fruit…I am just the avenue…So my prayer and focus is to remain in Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment